Pages

29 December 2009

The Vampire Diaries--A New Chapter

Jasmine Guy
 

I'm the first to admit that The Vampire Diaries isn't my favourite vampire show, but darn if I haven't been missing it. Luckily it's back on 21 January, along with two new cast members. I was excited when I found out that Jasmine Guy (Dead Like Me) would be joining the show, but that excitement was nothing compared to my glee at finding out Gina Torres (Firefly/Serenity, Angel) is coming on board! Not to go off topic, but if you haven't seen Joss's masterpiece, Firefly (yes, it is better than Buffy), go find out what you've been missing (and start cursing Fox along with the rest of us--they destroyed an amazing show).


Gina Torres as Zoe on Firefly

Gina and Jasmine will be playing witches on TVD. Also joining the cast is Toronto native (represent!) Mia Kirshner (Exotica, 30 Days of Night: Dark Days) as Alaric Saltzman's wife. Should be fangtastic (I know, I know...I couldn't help myself).

[Edited to add links and replace a dead video with a photo, as well as to change formatting. For the record, I still love these actresses, but I no longer think Firefly is better than Buffy. Follow me on my official site: AspasiaSBissas.com]







No comments:

Post a Comment