Pages

17 July 2009

Mission Statement/Intro

I love vampires. Not the self-proclaimed kind who wear too much makeup and PVC (or worse--the so-called "psi" vampires who claim to feed on people's life force/energy). No, the vampires that occupy my heart are the ones that live in myth and legend and lore; the ones who inhabit the pages between a book's covers and stalk the shadows onscreen.

What brilliant creations, these monsters who are scary and sexy and make even the most upstanding citizen root for them instead of the hero of the piece. Too bad they're just as often cheesy and dull and make you wish someone would drive a stake through you instead.

This blog is a way for me to explore my endless fascination (okay, obsession) with vampires in all forms: books, comics, movies, TV, toys--even games. Anything and everything vampyr. I'll review, relate, revile, and revere. And hopefully you'll enjoy what I have to say (if not, that's okay too).

I don't claim to be an expert. I don't have advanced degrees in vampirology or book-review theory. I'm just a fan with an opinion and a forum.

Oh, and if you happen to be domestically inclined at all, check out my other blog: Domicile.

See you around the crypt...
Aspasia

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to this new venture unfolding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We both share a fascination for vampires. I can't wait to read about yours. This is going to be a good blog.

    ReplyDelete